Above are the slides for my presentation today to the Association of Colorado Independent Schools Heads and senior administrators, a three hour workshop. Sadly, I (again!) made the mistake of trying to stuff in too much information, and several of our intended activities and videos had to be cut.
Below are first, some of the key links to think to which I referred, and below that, some of the videos I showed or intended to show as part of the presentation.
A very valuable reference is the excellent presentation, Measuring What We Value by Lyons and Niblock. (Note: I borrowed/adapted a small number of these slides for integration into my presentation: My thanks to Lyons and Niblock. )
My thanks to Lee Quinby, the very fine ACIS executive director, and all those who took the time for the session this morning.
- Grant Wiggins on Measuring Creativity
- Will Richardson Graph on the Immeasurable
- Hubbard’s How to Measure Anything
- 21k12 (my blog) posts on CWRA
- 21k12 posts on HSSSE
- 21k12 posts on MAP
- 21k12: PARCC testing and the potential to transform learning:
- SSATB Think Tank on the Future of Admissions Assessment
- SSAT Think Tank Blog
- Choate Student Self Assessment
- Duckworth Grit Score Do it yourself online tool.
- PARCC sample assessment questions
- Open Computer Testing- Resources.
- St. Gregory “character” report card, the EGG.
- Paul Tough, What if the Secret to Success is Failure, On KIPP Character Report Card
- 21k12 post on Duckworth and Tough on Grit and Self-Control
- Robert Sternberg on Transforming Admissions Assessment
- BIE– 21st century Project Based Learning
Will Richardson’s Talk on Open Network Testing (the first of the 19 bold ideas)
St. Gregory Students Discuss the CWRA
St. Gregory teachers Discuss the MAP
Angela Duckworth Ted Talk.