Some links and resources from the session:
- Mike Davis, Colorado Academy, Head’s Page & Blog.
- Mark Hale, Greensboro Day School, Head’s Corner.
- Ken Kay, EdLeader21.
- An expanded version of my talk, Seven Steps of Leadership in 21st century learning.
- My post on the new NAIS Guide to Becoming a School of the Future.
- The Guide to Becoming a School of the Future.
- Mike Davis suggested the following book: Let My People Go Surfing.
- Mark Hale’s school used the following books for faculty reading, a partial list: Brain Rules, Disrupting Class, A Whole New Mind, Out of our Minds, Global Achievement Gap.
- Recommended assessment tool for 21st century higher order thinking skills: College Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA)
- Schools recommended for visiting: High Tech High, New Tech Network, Envision Schools, Expeditionary Schools.
As I noted in the session, I am building a list of school-heads and senior academic administrators who might be interested in being part of an NAIS network who wish to collaborate and communicate for the purpose of our schools in becoming true centers of 21st century learning, and Schools of the Future. You are invited to share your interest by completing a line in this google doc spreadsheet: You can find it here. I will be following up in the next few weeks to those who sign up with ideas about next steps.