Just published over at NAIS, this 85 page e-book I co-authored with the excellent NAIS Senior Director of Academic Research Amada Torres provides guidance to school administrators for best utilizing the HSSSE, the High School Survey of Student Engagement, and the new MGSSE, the Middle Grades Survey of Student Engagement, for school improvement.
The Table of Contents includes:
- What Is Student Engagement and Why Is It Important?
- Improving Student Experience, Growth, and Learning
- Data-Informed Decision Making: A Short Primer
- About the HSSSE and MGSSE
- Launching and Managing the HSSSE-MGSSE: Key Steps to Make It Successful
- Interpreting Your HSSSE and MGSSE Results: Nine Noteworthy Tips and Techniques
- Sharing and Communicating HSSSE and MGSSE Results: Five Strategies
- 2016 Using the HSSSE and the MGSSE to Drive Improvement
- Driving Engagement: Case Studies on Using Engagement Surveys to Improve the Student Experience
While HSSSE used to be widely available through Indiana University for high schools nationally, recently its availability has been limited to only NAIS member schools, and the e-book, published by NAIS, is accordingly only available to NAIS member schools.