Welcome to my home-page for resources about what we are calling Open Computer Testing, but is also known as open network testing and open internet testing, or alternately open computer exams, open network exams, or open internet exams.
We believe this to be a highly valuable practice for learning in the 21st century.
My open computer testing tag is here: https://21k12blog.net/tag/open-computer-testing/
My posts on the topic, individually, are here:
- Open Computer Testing: the NAIS session slides and videos
- More on Open Computer Testing at St. Greg’s: Theater History Class, Guest Post by Lisa Bodden
- Open Computer Testing at St. Gregory: Chemistry Class with Scott Morris, including an Annotated Sample Exam
- Open-Computer Testing: Putting 21st c. Learning to the Test
Other posts on the topic include:
- Will Richardson on Open Network Testing
- Steve Taffee: 1:1 programs and student testing
- Steve Taffee: Hey Teach, Can I Phone a Friend?
- Shelly Blake Pollock (Teach Paperless): Demonstrating Understanding through Connection and Collaboration
- BBC: Danish Pupils Use Web on Exams
- edutopia: Should students be allowed to use technology to access information during exams?